Saturday, August 13, 2011

Unbearable!

I received a phone call from home during my vacation in the mountains of North Georgia.  It was not a pleasant tone.  Since my teenage son had football practice all week, he stayed behind to housesit and take care of the dogs.  For added peace of mind and security, we allowed him to have one of his friends keep him company.

Back to the phone conversation... I got an earfull of having been left with creatures that are noisy, dirty, unpredictable, and downright uncooperative.  The caller had put up with all he could stand, and said he didn't know how I dealt with this every day, having to feed and clean up after these destructive little beasts.  They don't like baths, and will live in filth if left on their own.  Finally he said the sooner they are gone, the more peaceful it will be around the house.

The caller wasn't my son Jake complaining about the dogs... it was my dog Ozzy complaining about teenage boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment