Tuesday, August 30, 2011

15 Pound Meteorologist!

My wife accuses me of being hypersensitive when it comes to small, helpless creatures, and my dog Ozzy has picked up on this.  I must first inform you that I suffer from chronic back pain due to time in military service.  Changing weather patterns can have a dramatic effect on the severity of my discomfort.  Ozzy overheard a recent comment that I can sense an approaching front and other weather phenomena, and is using this to his advantage. 

Just the other day Ozzy was moaning about his "arthritis" flaring up, and said he needed to relax on the couch.  After I made him comfortable, he asked me to get the tv remote for him.  He claims he would have done it himself, but the possibility of afternoon thundershowers caused too much pain.  I thought this to be a strange comment.  Later that evening he said he could "feel"  the 10-15 mph wiind gusts in Kansas, and suggested a bowl of ice cream might help ease his suffering.  He was playing me like a banjo.

However, Ozzy's little scheme unravelled yesterday.  When I returned from the doctor's office I walked up to the door, and as I fumbled with my keys I could hear theWeather Channel on the television.  I opened the door and walked in, only to find the tv turned off, and Ozzy sitting in my recliner whinning about the pain he was experiencing due to the "partly cloudy skies in Pensacola, Florida".  Then he looked up at me with his sad-sack expression and said another bowl of ice cream should alleviate his suffering. 

Busted!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment