Saturday, August 6, 2011

Take Your Meds

After my wife's recent surgery, she was allowed to come home with complete instructions for proper care and prescription medications.  Of course, one of these was a pain med in liquid form with a dose of one tablespoon every 6 hours as needed.  On one occassion, as she was carefully measuring a dose, she spilled a small amount onto the floor by accident.  She had every intention to clean it up, but got distracted, and forgot to do so.  No worries; my dog Ozzy found the spill, and dealt with it as dogs usually do.  An hour later, I noticed Ozzy was behaving strangely.  As he rolled over to lie on his back, words like "groovy", "cool", and "whoa" rolled off his tongue.  Realizing that something wasn't right, I walked over to check on him.  He asked me if we were planning to attend Woodstock this year, and made unusual requests, such as asking to hear some Pink Floyd or Jimi Hendrix on the CD player.  When we finally pieced together what had happened, I promised my wife that after Ozzy regathered his wits, I would teach him the importance of just saying "No".

No comments:

Post a Comment