Monday, August 8, 2011

Attack at Dawn!

My dreams were ended abruptly at 0-dark thirty this morning by a series of loud barks, intimidating growls and fierce posturing from seemingly every side of the bed.  I thought I was surrounded.  Turns out it was my dog Ozzy, and I was the focus of his wrath.  He continued even after I spoke to him, and since he does not have a "snooze" button, it took a dose of ritalin and several more attempts to calm him down.  Finally his attack subsided. 

Upon investigation, my wife and I discovered the reason for his vicious, incessant assault.  My sound sleep resulted in loud snoring, causing Ozzy to spring into action.  Even after I was awake and my snoring had ceased, Ozzy continued to believe that the strange "creature" making the noise was still in the bed with us.  Neither my wife nor I could go back to sleep afterward.
It was abrupt, it was obnoxious, it was violent... and it definitley beats the tar out of a good alarm clock.  Thanks alot, Ozzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment