Friday, August 26, 2011

Immitation: The Best Form of Foolishness!

You should see my dog Ozzy when he is entertianing us with immitations of various people or animals he has seen in his life.  Last week he was acting out the movements and sounds of a Grizzly Bear.  One night our sleep was disturbed by a series of moans and groans which led me to believe someone in our family had suddenly become terribly sick.  It was Ozzy, and with a sheepish grin said "Humback Whale song".  He can chirp and flap his front legs like a bird, and hiss like a cat.  I especially enjoy his face distorting, cheeks puffing, and his mouth opening and closing as he mimics a Sea Bass.  Who new what was coming?  

This morning I was sitting in my recliner enjoying a cup of coffee and a time of reading and personal reflection.  The tranquility was interrupted by what I perceived as a low-octave, two-note tune that sounded strangely familiar.  A slight movement caught my eye, as I noticed Ozzy was slithering across the floor in a snake-like motion (he looked like the Grinch).  Leaving Ozzy to entertain himself, I went back to reading.  I should have payed better attention.  Moments later, Ozzy launched himself off the floor, his mouth wide open, and bit me square on my big toe.  I sreamed "OUCH!  What in the world?".  Ozzy let go of my toe, and ran down the hallway with a sinister giggle shouting "Shark Week"!

My big toe STILL hurts!

1 comment: