Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Village!

Call me crazy (Ozzy sure does), but the fact is I love this time of year. Blame it on my upbringing, since my family raised us to enjoy the holiday season, from October to January, especially Christmas. Each time I put up the Christmas tree it reminds me of those wonderful experiences I had as a child. This year my tree went up earlier than usual, and though not yet decorated (that will happen sometime this week), I can still plug in and enjoy the lights.

My late mother gave me what I consider my favorite gift of all-time... a ceramic Christmas Village. Since I always admired her lighted miniature town, she felt I needed one of my own. Each year I display my village I think of my Momma, and remember the light she brought to my life. I still miss her very much.

On a more humerous side, last night I broke out the village and placed it on a table in a spot where I can view it from my recliner. Over the years I have added several pieces such as trees, a flying sleigh, and a variety of townsfolk that add a neighborly aspect to it. My dog Ozzy watched as I put each piece carefully in place (I must have looked like a kid playing in his toybox). There is even a dog, and I playfully told Ozzy it represented him. In fact, I talked the entire time as I put the tiny town together. When I was finished Ozzy told me I was short one piece to represent me.... he said "After all, every Village needs an idiot"!

Yessir... Man's best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment