Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

My dog Ozzy is an action flick kind of dog. Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Highlander... as long as it has fights, explosions, car chases, and the like, Ozzy's your man, er, dog. The most important part of his favorite movies is good guys win, bad guys loose, and they all live happily ever after. Tonight I decided to play a Christmas movie, and Ozzy settled in, hoping to see Santa Claus, reindeer, and elves. However, this one was a Hallmark romance, and Ozzy groaned when I pressed play.

The flick stars Henry Winkler, and is called "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year". It contains a familiar story line... Boy meets Girl, but the Girl is already dating another guy. Unfortunately this guy is boring, and the girl's uncle, played by Henry Winkler, plays matchmaker. It is a good story with humor, tender moments, disagreements, and all the mushy stuff my wife enjoys. I was suprised my 17 year old son watched the entire movie and enjoyed it thoroughly. However, Ozzy, aka, "Mr. Attitude" was sure he would be bored to death, so he moaned and groaned through the first few minutes of the movie. He slowly began to change his mood, and sat glued through the rest of the story. In fact, by the end of the movie, Mr. Boring is out, Boy and Girl finally get together, and Ozzy was sitting back in my recliner, tears streaming down his little face.

This will be Ozzy's first Christmas with us. After he wiped his eyes with his tiny paws, he looked up at me and said "If I experience this feeling every Christmas, then it definitely is the most wonderful time of the year"!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Ozzy has gotten in touch with his feminine side. :) I love that movie, too.

    ReplyDelete