Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Growling at Santa Claus!

I spent several hours consolidating our exercise equipment into one area instead of having it spread out all over our house. In the process I made a command decision to put up our Christmas tree a little early. I also took the liberty of putting out two of our many Santa Claus figures. My wife says it's too early, but since I enjoy Christmas all the year, it is normal for me. Ozzy, however, is celbrating his first Christmas with us, and has never seen Santa up close and personal, and it's been ugly so far.

I prefer the old school Santa look, and one look at our numerous figurines leaves little doubt. I placed one Santa on a counter that looks out into our living room, and the other is on the DVD cabinet. Ozzy believes we have twin intruders, and has been on edge since yesterday afternoon. He spent two hours growling at these home invaders, teeth bared and the hair on his back standing straigh up. He tried to dial 911 twice. I was awakened last night by a sudden thud, only to find Ozzy on the floor next to a hunting knife. He had fallen off the couch trying to climb up to the dvd cabinet in an attempt to "open Santa up", as he puts it.

I find this hard to understand since Ozzy loves Christmas movies, but he's thinking there's a big difference between Santa being on the big screen than being in the living room. The threats resumed this morning, and he's been telling the two Kris Kringle dolls to be gone by sundown. This is going to take a while to explain, and I hope he learns quickly that Santa Claus is the good guy. Otherwise, when I break out the rest of our Christmas figurines, Ozzy is going to believe it is an all-out assault!

No comments:

Post a Comment