Thursday, November 24, 2011

Ozzy Says "Merry Thanksgiving to All"!

Earlier today we visited my sister and her husband and enjoyed fellowship and a Thanksgiving feast. My Dad and his wife were there, and the mood was real upbeat. We watched the annual Thanksgiving football game and played armchair quarterback and cheerleader at the same time. This time of year I seem to shine, and I try to savor each moment of the holiday season.

My dog Ozzy was excited to see us return, since he was told we would bring him some of the left-overs from our Thanksgiving meal. He and his canine cohorts were each given a helping of turkey with all the trimmings. Since this is Ozzy's first Thanksgiving and Christmas season with his new family, I have tried to teach him all I can regarding this special time of the year. He did not complain one bit about the Thanksgiving menu, and after he stuffed himself, he needed some assistance getting into the recliner with me.

After he got himself situated Ozzy was in a relaxed position similar to mine, and as we reclined together, he rubbed his tummy, gave a little sigh, and loudly proclaimed "Merry Thanksgiving to All, and to All a Goodnight"! Yes, he's still a little confused, but I'm working on it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We hope yours was a special as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment