Wednesday, November 16, 2011

US Army Sniper School!

My dog Ozzy spends most of his adorable life in a good light. There are some days I feel the local dog pound could use another guest, but those moments are rare. For instance, we provide a loving home to four small min-pins, two of which are male. Although both have been "fixed" this does not prevent them from doing the old leg-lift in an attempt to show their appreciation (and ownership) of our home. Ozzy went too far recently when he became upset over his Daddy giving attention to one of the other dogs. Chrissy is a sweetheat, and although manipulative and extemely demanding, she is a joy to us as well.

On this ocassion Chrissy was lying on my chest trying to give her daddy some sugar, and I was loving each moment, of course. However, Ozzy did not like his daddy having another pooch steal his attention, and devised a scheme to demonstrate to the other three that I was "off limits" to any of them. He waited until I was outside to perform on of his leg lifts in order to mark his territory, which happened to be the back side of my recliner. I admit it was precision work with perfect shot placment. It took me a while to notice what and where he had perfomed this act.

Angry, I sent him outside, scolding him as he went through the front door. After cleaning up his accident, I went outside to call him in to discuss the situation. I called and called, and there was no response (there is nothing more useless than a dog who won't come when he is called). I started to worry as time dragged on, and thought for a moment he had run away. I was not aware that he was only a few feet into the woodline, lying low and blending in to his environment. It wasn't until I changed to a more friendly tone that he stood up from where he was hiding. I was impressed with his ablility to utilize cover and concealment as well as he did, and without proper military training. Any soldier would have been proud, as I would have been had I not been forced to scour the back of my chair.

To conclude, the pin-point accuracy of his little shot combined with his natural ability to hide from a former US Army Infantryman and Scout was so impressive I am considering taking Ozzy to a local Army recruiter and sending him off to Sniper School at Ft. Benning, Georgia. He definitely demonstrated his ability to live up to the Sniper moto, "One Shot, One Kill", although he is still "One Dog" who is in deep trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment