Monday, November 7, 2011

Mystery of the Missing Boiled Egg!

Before leaving for work this morning my wife was preparing ingredients for the evening meal, which included boiled eggs. After the necessary preparations she began combining the items into her special blend, and realized she was short one boiled egg. "Who ate one of these eggs?", she asked angrily. It wasn't me, since my breakfast consisted of coffee and a Zone protein bar. My son Jake was already gone to school. Ozzy simply shrugged his shoulders. It seems no one ate it. My wife concluded she was mistaken, and cooked one additional egg for her recipe, then left for work.

It was several hours later before the missing boiled egg suddenly reappeared in a more sinister form. My wife was the first to catch the invisible invader... "Aw, c'mon guys!" she said. I was next; "Goodness Gracious, who did THAT?" I asked, covering my face with a blanket. Ozzy pointed at my son Jake, who swore upon pain of death it wasn't him. A house of mysteries... no body was responsible for the missing egg, and no one transformed the room into a contaminated environment that may be uninhabitable for the next month. Everybody was angry, somebody was lying, and we didn't know who we could trust.

It wasn't until evening prayers that Ozzy, in a guilt-ridden tearful confession admitted to the crime and spilled the beans... or, the boiled egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment