Thursday, September 1, 2011

Too Hard to Swallow!

Man's best friend can be many things to their owners; comforting, frustrating, and puzzling.  At times they can be downright entertaining.  My dog Ozzy and his canine cohorts rally when they recognize a particular sound or word.  I can never sneak into the kitchen and open any food item unnoticed.  One sound that causes excitment is a can or jar of nuts.

On several occasions I  have left a container of nuts out by mistake, and left the house without putting it back into the pantry.  Ozzy and company quickly recognize a vulnerable food item, and nuts are a special treat.  I can understand the ease at which these dogs break into a can, but I am often amazed when they unscrew a jar lid.  I have never caught them in the act, but I wonder how they divide the spoils.

While I was away one afternoon, Ozzy found a plastic container of Bubble Gum.  He went to work breaking into the container, and of course his buddies joined in the heist.  I would have loved to have seen the beginning of this raid, but I did walk in to discover the results.  Watching a group of small dogs using thier front paws trying to dislodge pieces of gum stuck between thier teeth is rather funny.  Ozzy, however, not only had gum in his teeth, but also all over his face.  I didn't say a word, but had a puzzled look.  After a moment of staring, Ozzy suddenly blurted out "Hey... I was trying to blow a bubble, Okay?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment