Friday, September 9, 2011

Ozzy's First Chaw!

My dog Ozzy and I were driving through the country one day and pulled into an old country store. Sitting just outside next to the entrance were several "Old Timers" enjoying a chat and a chew. The cool morning air invited tall tales of hunting exploits past and the hopes of fortunes during the coming season.

I told Ozzy to stay in the vehicle while I went inside to find refreshment and a fresh serving of boiled peanuts. I greeted the group of gentlemen before I entered the store. Ozzy couldn't resist his curiosity, and while I was inside he joined the group out front. As I gathered items to purchase, I heard a commotion from outside. When my business was done, I walked out front to witness Ozzy conversing with the Old Timers, and enjoying a helping of Beech Nut Chewing Tobacco. The men were laughing at Ozzy's stories, and were amazed at how far he could spit. He was a quick study, mastering this ancient art in short order.

Ozzy did not expect the nausea that usually coincides with the first chew, and spent the rest of the road trip with what he described as "sea sickness". I was forced to stop several times for him to hang his head out of the window. He vowed he would never do that again.

Yesterday Ozzy asked for a can of snuff! Here we go again.

1 comment:

  1. Just don't let him snort it. My x-wifes mother used snuff and snorted it too...I should have known from seeing that the first time before I married her.....

    ReplyDelete