Monday, September 5, 2011

Beautiful Dreamer!

Dogs are entertaining in a variety of ways. They play fight, fetch objects, express joy unspeakable when their humans arrive safely home from work or school. Man's best friend is a source of many unforgettable moments, and Ozzy has provided his share of memories, even while he is sleeping.

Two nights ago Ozzy fell asleep lying on his stomach in what I consider a normal position, and then rolled onto his back, his tiny legs sticking straight up, his little feet slightly bent. Normal breaths were occasionally interrupted by deep breaths and exhalations similar to a whimper. Snoring was on the menu as well, and it wasn't long before he began twitching and emitting a sound best described as a muffled bark with an occasional whine. At one point his movements gave the impression he was running through a field; then I thought I heard him speak someone's name.

The next morning I asked how his night went, stating it was obvious he not only slept well, but he was dreaming. When I asked what it was about, he gave the type of explaination that military personnel refer to as a "tap dance". He stuttered and stammered, nervously scratching like he was infested with a thousand fleas... until I asked him who "Fifi" was. It was the first time I had ever seen a dog turn red, and the first time Ozzy was speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment