Monday, September 19, 2011

"After Further Review..."!

This particular post is being written at 3:15 in the morning. I was sleeping soundly until I was aroused by a loud bark from outside the house. As I struggled to gathered my wits, I also noticed the outside floodlights going on and off, as something was setting off the motion sensors. I soon discovered the cause of this middle-of-the-night ruckus.


The culprit was our Alaskan Malamute "Aurie" (named for the northern lights). She wanted to come into the house, so she started running in a circle on the outside perimeter, and would stop at the front to bang on the door and bark. This sensless display caught Ozzy's attention, and he asked me what her problem was. I was still too dazed to answer, and the only thing my brain could come up with was "I don't know".

At this point Ozzy kicked into his Monday Night Football instant replay mode, and demanded that this entire scenario be placed under review. "First, he says, we have a large dog running circles around the outside of the house at 3 AM, causing the motion- activated lights to go on and off, and stopping only to bark and bang on the door. In addition to this, we're talking about a Malamute, the mighty hunter, the scourge of the Arctic Tundra, companion of the hardy Northwestern Native Peoples, puller of sleds, the saviour of Nome, Alaska... and she wants to come from 60 degree outdoor temperatures to 70 degree indoor temperatures. You may not be able to figure this out, but it's obvious to me: After further review, I think she's an Idiot!"

I believe my little "ref" made the right call.

No comments:

Post a Comment