Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ozzy's New "Girlfriend"!

My dog Ozzy has no problem rolling me out of bed in the middle of the night to be let ouside. I keep watch while he and his cohorts run around in all directions staking claim to our yard. It was very dark one particular night when Ozzy met the "new dog" in the front yard.

I stood on the parking pad while Ozzy stumbled onto his newfound love. Initially he growled loud enough for me to investigte. Although visibility was limited, I could make out two figures standing nose to nose. Ozzy introduced himself and proceeded to talk trash, while his "sweetheart" remained silent (Ozzy accused her of playing "hard to get"). The mush he lavished on "her" was enough to make one sick. Ozzy was not a happy camper when I called him to go back inside without inviting his date. He tossed and turned the rest of the night.

The next morning I took Ozzy back to the front yard and properly introduced him to my son's football. Upon realizing what he had done, he looked up at me and calmly said, "They all get prettier at closing time".

No comments:

Post a Comment