Saturday, October 22, 2011

Woodsmen's Workout!

Okay, I know this blog is supposed to be all about Ozzy, but I just have to share this one with bloggers worldwide (animal rights activists might want to cover their ears). Ozzy went hunting with me today, but this story is from yesterday's black powder rifle grand finale. This is a story for the ages... well, maybe not, but it happened.

My son Jake had a highschool football game last night, and I nearly decided not to go hunting. It was 4 in the afternoon, so I decided to go until 6. I really didn't expect to see anything, and since I had not exercised all day, I carried some weight bands with me. It might not be iron, but bands and a shake weight work in a pinch. I arrived at my natural blind, and after getting situated, I began a thirty minute workout, which isolated biceps, triceps, and shoulders.

Towards the end of my last set of exercises, I happened to glance up, and walking along the ridge across from me was a deer, which was the last thing I expected at that point. Two minutes later I bagged my deer and called my wife over the cell phone. Apparently the secret to hunter success is engaging in a Woodmen's Workout while waiting on the quarry. The final part of my exercise was dragging the deer to my house.

When I arrived home, my dog Ozzy was busy looking through our DVD collection. He says if my weight band workout was successful, he was going to try his Brazil Butt Lift videos in order to bag the next Georgia State record buck. You'll read all about it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment