Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Festival!

My dog Ozzy is captivated by the annual changing of the leaves that occurs each fall. I turned him loose in the yard to do his dirty work, and found him frolicking in the muscadine leaves out back. He was rolling around and giggling like a love-struck teenager, and I was thankful the patch of leaves weren't poison ivy. He stopped long enough to crouch in one pile of leaves in an attempt to camoflage himself. He got as low to the ground as he could, and I could hear him quietly repeating the sniper moto of "one shot-one kill". He asked if I could see him, and I told him I could not as I playfully looked around for him, similar to a parent playing hide-and-seek with a child. I called out his name several times, asking where he was. I could hear him laughing in a quiet, sinister kind of giggle.

Today was a fun day for Ozzy and I, unlike yesterday when I arrived home to a living room trashed by naughty min-pins. After we finished our game we started back toward the house. Ozzy looked up at me and said he had fun, and hoped we do this again soon. Sounds like something a kid would say, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment