Monday, December 12, 2011

Riding the Clothes Dryer.

If you follow this blog you know I am the one that washes clothes in our house. I would allow someone else to take care of this chore, but I am particular about the way clothes are folded. I have military life to thank for this.

This morning I was busy removing a load of clothes from the washing machine, and as I placed them into the dryer I noticed Ozzy's intense curiosity sbout the big square appliance. He asked me how it worked, so I told him about the circular motion the machine utilizes to allow warm air to dry the items placed inside. He thought it was really cool, and while I wasn't looking his inquisitive mind put his little body into action. Momentarily distracted by putting a load of dirty clothes into the washing machine, Ozzy crawled into the dryer.

When my task was done I turned on the washing machine, and then I closed the dryer door, set the timer, pressed the "start" button and headed toward the living room. Within a few steps the dryer sounded like it was coming apart, and I heard a loud yell coming from inside. I rushed back and quickly pulled open the door. Ozzy tumbled out of the dryer on a pile of clothes and landed with a thud on the floor. He gathered himself, looked up at me and said "Let's do THAT again"!

I guess the washing machine's spin cycle is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment