Thursday, December 15, 2011

"Identity Crisis"!

I loved serving in the Army, and the permanent damage to some of the discs in my back are a daily reminder of my time in service. I do not regret it for one minute, but I experience some degree of discomfort every day. Although it is important to maintain a positive attitude, some days are more difficult than others. With the addition of a headcold the last few days have been less than jovial.

Ozzy noticed this change, and he doesn't understand what has happened. He has made attempts to cheer me up. He has tried jokes, dancing, singing, and even suggested another motorcycle ride (we all know how the last one turned out for him). Finally Ozzy thought of the one sure thing to get me in a better mood... "The Polar Express"!

Of all the movies in my collection, the "Polar Express" is one of my favorites. It doesn't even have to be Christmas to watch this flick. It is great any time of the year. Ozzy suggested we watch it on the plasma screen. Normally this is all it would take, but my response was less than enthusiastic. Shocked, Ozzy jumped into my chair and stared up at me for several minutes before he finally asked "WHO ARE YOU?"

No comments:

Post a Comment