Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Daddy Got Game"!

Two days before Christmas eve finds Ozzy and I watching the MAACO Bowl Las Vegas. It features a contest between Boise State and Arizona State. College football at it's finest. Just as we got settled in to our recliner, Boise State took the opening kick-off for a touchdown. Ozzy went ballistic, and his fever pitch excitement has not diminished at all.

About the time I think there is nothing to prevent me from enjoying a peaceful evening watching football with my canine pal, the wife enters the picture and sends me out to the car to grab a couple of bags for her. After filling my arms I returned to the front door and started up the stairs and into the house. Unfortunately I caught my foot on the second step. Momentum took over from there, and I fell face first into the doorway with my bag-filled arms crossing the threshold. I landed with a violent thud, unaware that Ozzy was watching. I looked up from the floor just in time to see him raise his front paws into the air and scream "Touchdown"!

Yeah, he's still excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment