Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Mystic Peet-zuh"!

Ozzy wanted to watch "HUGO" on the pay-per-view channel, so I grabbed my wife's cell phone and ordered via text messaging. The movie was playing on several channels, and a new showing started every thirty minutes, so we had a break before the next one began. I suggested we watch something else prior to the start of the flick, but Ozzy didn't want to take a chance we might lose track of time. Besides, he likes watching the little blue "donuts" moving across the screen on Directv's programing.

About 15 minutes before "HUGO" began, Ozzy got the bright idea to order a pizza. I told him to make the call since I had my foot brace on and was already kicked back in the recliner. He marched into the kitchen and grabbed the phone book and looked through the Yellow Pages for Domino's. His search would be an exercise in frustration.

After several minutes Ozzy became irritated. He said he couldn't find "pizza" listed anywhere in the phonebook. At one point I heard him slam the thing on the floor. I asked him to bring it to me, and I found it immediately. Looking puzzled, Ozzy said the spelling didn't make sense. He wanted to know why it was spelled with "z's" instead of the way it is pronounced. "It should be spelled "Peet-zuh", he said. I tried to explain to him why some words are spelled stangely... knife, Chevrolet, gnat, etc. "That's just stupid", he said.

In the end we finally ordered our "peet-zuh". After he settled into the recliner Ozzy told me that they better deliver it within thirty minutes, or else!

No comments:

Post a Comment