Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"The Practical Joke"!

I thought it was funny at first, but found myself accused for Ozzy's antics. My teenage son Jake had fallen into a deep sleep on the recliner while watching a "Jesse Stone" episode on the big screen. His situation was a bit much for the little brown min-pin to resist. Ozzy said "watch this", and tip-toed over to a stack of kindling wood next to the fire place. What happened next left me in stitches, and then in trouble.

Ozzy grabbed a long, skinny twig from the fireplace, and eased over to the recliner. With the stealth of a ninja, he jumped up onto the recliner's footrest, then slithered up to the arm of the chair. Twig in hand, or paw, he began tickling Jake's face. I watched as my son would gently brush at the "bug" which agravated him while he slept. A tickle would be followed with a rub or scratch, and Ozzy would giggle like a little school girl. It was actually quite amusing at the time.

This scenario continued for about two minutes, but the last tickle was too much for the twilight teenager to handle. Ozzy gently guided the twig under Jake's nose, and with all the force one would expect from a kid that benches 360-plus pounds, Jake smaked himself right in the the face. The sudden impact aroused sleeping beauty, and as he was gathering his wits, Ozzy evacuated the chair, tossed the twig in my lap, and disappeared.

Needless to say, Jake was not happy, I recieved credit, and Ozzy could be heard snickering from the far end of the hallway. Although Jake believes I am lying, this was one of those rare ocassions that it was appropriate to blame the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment