Monday, February 13, 2012

"The Tooth Fairy!"

Ozzy begged all evening this past Saturday, and upon tiring of hearing him whine, I caved. The issue involves his channel surfing with the remote and what he turned up in the pay-per-view listing. Ozzy came across a flick that peaked his curiousity called "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark". The term "malevolent creatures" was something he could relate to. My wife ordered the movie using her cell phone, and we settled in to watch.

The movie is about a homeowner whose basement held small gremlin-like critters that are portrayed as the tooth fairies of legend. Most of us played this game as children. When we lost teeth, we placed them under the pillow and recieved coins in exchange. I always pictured something like a "Tinkerbell" character. Ozzy thought the tooth fairy looked like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. However, the fairies in the movie were anything but benevolent. If I had this information when I was young, I would have thrown my teeth in the trash.

These hideous critters got loose from the basment, and were all over the house, under beds, on shelves, in the bathroom, and they wreaked destroyed everything they touched. They used scissors, knives, razor blades, and other items to wreak havoc. It was so awful that Ozzy had a difficult time getting to sleep Saturday night. He insisted we look under the furniture, in every closet, and behind every door. Ozzy also had us check to make sure we hadn't lost any teeth!

I actually considered playing a little joke on him last night. If I only had a set of dentures... :>)

1 comment: