Monday, January 9, 2012

"That's a big dog"!

Recently we had to deal with the loss of our Alaskan Malamute "Aurie". She was a gentle giant who loved her family and protected her home. Although she will never be replaced we realized we needed another large dog for security reasons. My wife suprised us a couple of days ago by bringing a Doberman home. We named her "Roxie", and she is identical to our Min-Pin "Chrissy" but much bigger.

Ozzy took one look at the size of this new "Min-Pin", and did not understand why she was so large. He wanted to know what she ate, and if he could get that big. I didn't have the heart to tell him she was a different breed of dog, and left him pondering the issue. Yesterday he came to me with his solution... Ozzy wants to try steroids!

I had to laugh, but I can't help but think about what this might do to him. It's hard for me to imagine a bulked-up Ozzy pumping iron in a gym, staring at himself in a mirror while flexing his muscles... On second thought, maybe it's not so far fetched!

3 comments: