Monday, January 2, 2012

College Football Bowl Games!

After taking some time off to enjoy family during the holidays, Ozzy is ready to start the New Year with an all-day college football bowl marathon. Remote control in hand (or paw), he plans to flip the big plasma screen back and forth between the South Carolina/Nebraska game and the Florida/Ohio State contest. This is his first bowl day with us, and he's getting the royal treatment. To Ozzy it probably seems like Christmas has spilled over into the New Year. So much hype leading up to the final games of the season... and don't forget the food!

It's twenty minutes until kick-off, Ozzy is chilled on the recliner, while I am in the kitchen preparing a plate of snacks for us to share. Summer sausage, sharp cheddar cheese slices and whole wheat Ritz crackers is a pre-game treat that's hard to beat. With plate in hand I join my little football buddy on the recliner. However, before I get to comfortable Ozzy says I forgot the liquid refreshments... he wants Koolaid.

I return to the kitchen to fetch our beverages, forgetting I left the snack plate at Ozzy's disposal. Before I finish pouring the drinks I hear Ozzy place a new order for more snacks. "If this is tailgating, I like it", he says. I, on the other hand, am starting to hate it!

6 comments:

  1. LOL. It can be a little embarrassing when we find out they're smarter than us sometimes, can't it? :)

    Happy to have found your blog though Chronicles of Cardigan blog. Ozzy's a real doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the part where I tell you that I've been lurking on your blog AND that I've sent a whole bunch of other people over here, too. :)

    Love Ozzie and your sense of humor!

    http://chroniclesofcardigan.blogspot.com/2012/01/tis-time-for-me-to-acknowledge.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd think I could spell Ozzy correctly. (No, I didn't listen to Ozzy as a teen.) Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great writing and fun stories!

    I, too, came over from Elizabeth and Chronicles of Cardigan.

    :-)
    Taryn at http://cardiganshirecorgis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there! i'm also stopping by as recommended by miss elizabeth. can't wait to read through some posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to disappoint with the NE/SC game. As a big red fan, I bet you got up several times to refresh your drink and get more sausage.

    ReplyDelete