Friday, January 13, 2012

"Save the Remote Controls"!

I am not techno-wizard, and my collection of remote controls bears witness of my situation. Some are able to program one remote to control all their audio and video equipment... Not me! I have fifty remotes on the table next to my recliner. One in particular controls the sound system, and it is a sight to behold.

Although the other remotes are in good condition, this one has had a very difficult life. Every time I moved, stood up, sat down, or walked by it would fall with a plastic thud on the floor. None of my other remote controls have suffered like this one. It got so bad it had to be held together with Scotch tape and a rubber band.

A week ago my sound system remote finally gave up the ghost. Now I have to get out of the recliner to adjust the volume or change functions. Ozzy says it serves me right, and that no remote should have to go through that much abuse. He has been picking at me, and says he is going to start a shelter for misused, abused, and unloved remote controls. Ozzy is also hiding my other remotes, so I learn to be more respectful!

I didn't know electronic gadgets could be so sensitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment