Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Side Effects"!

My dog Ozzy and I were discussing the various drug advertisements on television. We found the messages were somewhat mixed. On the screen we observed actors portraying patients who apparently received a prescription for the meds and were living happy and productive lives with no complications. At the same time a narrator reads through a laundry list of side-effects that ranged from mild to horrific.

Ozzy began wondering what he might go through as a result of the vaccinations he has received from our local Vet's office. After pestering me relentlessly, I told him I would do a little research for him. I got on my computer and looked up "rabies vaccine". While I was reading the information I decided that a practical joke was in order (I can't help it). Trying to appear serious, I looked at Ozzy and shook my head. After giving him a bogus list of side-effects, the last thing I "quoted" was "In case of death, consult your veterinarian".

Ozzy is freaked... every few minutes he checks his pulse. I plan on letting him in on my little joke, but I think I'm going to milk this one just to pay him back for all the stuff he's pulled over on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment