Monday, March 12, 2012

"My New Mother"!

Who would have ever figured THIS would happen? Our new dog Roxie (a Doberman) has adopted Ozzy as her puppy. The little brown dog has always complained about being the "odd dog out", but all that is in the past.

The strange part about this new alignment is he is older than she is... Roxie is less than a year old. I'm guessing this can be attributed to a combination of her much larger size and a Doberman's inclination to be protective. All this aside, it's fun to watch them play fight (it looks alot like David vs Behemoth) and sit side by side on the couch. She grooms him, cuddles with him, and if he gets out of line, she "herds" him to where he is supposed to be.

I am afraid Ozzy is trying to take full advantage of his new bodyguard. He uses his elevated position to irritate the others, then "runs to Momma" when they get after him. This morning he decided it was time to test uncharted waters. Since it is my job to feed the dogs each morning, I filled the dishes. However, Ozzy wanted Spazz's food. I told him to get to his own dish, but he flat-out refused and said "I ain't doin' it". When I scolded him he immediately ran to Roxie.

Unfortunately for Ozzy, Roxie knows who fills the feed dish. She told him to shut up and go eat out of his own food bowl. He pouted for about an hour, but eventually things got back to normal... If you could consider anything around here as "Normal"!

No comments:

Post a Comment