Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Bad Back Club"!

It's somewhat of a joke in my circle concerning those that have back problems due to ruptured or degenerated discs... we call it the "Bad Back Club". It is certainly no laughing matter when back spasms erupt, as these episodes can go on for several days, if not weeks. In my particular case, when a simple movement causes my back to seize up, I can barely move.

Last Friday I bent over to pick up a set of keys, and that's all it took. I couldn'g recover from my stooped position, and it's been that way since. This morning I spent several minutes trying to get myself in motion. When I was able to stand upright (although slightly bent to the left) I walked into the kitchen. I was unaware that Ozzy was mimicking my steps until I heard him moaning. He was imitating my every move and sound, slightly exagerated I might add.

I told Ozzy it wasn't funny. He seems to think it is. His loud moans made sounded like labor pains (I don't think I'm THAT bad). Besides the noises, there he stood on his hind legs, back stooped over, with one paw reaching around to hold his lumbar spine. It was actually quite humorous intil he called me an "In-valid"!

It's nice to know that if things go wrong, someone like Ozzy has got my back.... Literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment